The Site Supervision Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) refresher course is the CITB’s 1-day refresher course for anyone who holds the SSSTS certification and is still within the 5-year certification period. The 1-day course will extend your certification for a further 5 years. This certification is widely recognised as a pre-requisite for any supervisory jobs on large construction sites.
Course ID: SSSTSRw2um
Duration: 1.00 day
What you'll learn on the course
The Site Supervision Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) refresher course covers the following areas of learning;
- Health and safety law, Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 (CDM)
- Health and safety management systems, RAMS and permits to work
- Statutory inspections, checks and monitoring
- Reporting accidents, injuries and ill-health
- Leadership, worker engagement and consultation with the workforce
- Asbestos, HAVS, Fire, Dust and Manual Handling
- Site Security, Plant, Work Equipment and Lifting
- Working at height, excavations, confined space and temporary works
- Environmental control
This is a highly interactive course taught through case studies, classroom discussion, group work and individual or group presentations. There is a multiple-choice exam at the end of the course.
Currently, we have none of these courses Scheduled at the moment. However, we collect interest on a daily basis so please call the office (020 8596 5121) a leave us your details. Once we have enough interest, we'll give you a call and let you know when the course will be running.