The CPCS A16 Industrial/Counterbalance Forklift course is a 3-day programme designed to provide novice and intermediate operators with sufficient forklift training which will enable them to competently and safely carry out the role as a counterbalance forklift operator and pass the CPCS theory and practical assessments. For experienced operators, we also offer a 2-day course which excludes a day's practical training.
Course ID: CPCSA15jps
Duration: 3.00 days
What you'll learn on the course
At the end of your CPCS A16 Industrial/Counterbalance Forklift training course you will be able to:
- Describe the nature of the sector of industry and their role and responsibilities as a plant operator.
- Name & explain the purpose of principal components, the basic construction, controls and terminology.
- Prepare for lifting duties. Explain the actions required for hazards, underground & overhead services.
- Lift and remove various loads up to the full working height. Place and remove loads from a vehicle with accuracy.
- With and without loads, pass through a chicane executing full right and left turns in a forward and reverse direction.
- Reverse with a load in a straight line (10m) and pass through a restriction (max clearance under 300mm).
- Lift and place the load at a high level then retrieve and place at a given point (100mm tolerance).
- Lift and place 3 loads onto the truck bed (75mm tolerance) and remove upon completion.
- Stack 3 loads vertically, de-stack loads and place in a straight line (75mm tolerance).
- Carry out undercutting by both lifting and placing a load. Carry out shut down and securing procedures.
- Park the forklift and carry out shut down and securing procedures
The CPCS A16 Industrial/Counterbalance Forklift course consists of two key parts, practical and theory. You’ll spend at a day learning the related theory, a day practicing the practical element followed by a final day of assessment (for both theory and practical).
Currently, we have none of these courses Scheduled at the moment. However, we collect interest on a daily basis so please call the office (020 8596 5121) a leave us your details. Once we have enough interest, we'll give you a call and let you know when the course will be running.