The CPCS A36 HIAB Lorry Loader course is a 3-day programme designed to provide novice and intermediate operators with sufficient Lorry Loading training which will enable them to competently and safely carry out the role of a Lorry Loader and pass the CPCS theory and practical assessments. For experienced operators, we also offer a 2-day course which excludes practical training.
Course ID: LORRYLL9xN
Duration: 3.00 days
What you'll learn on the course
At the end of your CPCS A36 HIAB Lorry Loader Course you will be able to:
- Configure the vehicle and loader crane for lifting duties. Deploy stabilisers to specification. Explain hazards.
- Setup rated capacity indicators or load moment indicators for lifting duties. Identify centres of gravity.
- Lift various loads using the full radius and slewing capabilities of the loader crane. Place loads accurately.
- Explain the types and fitting of boom extensions. Minimise swinging of loads. Secure loads on the vehicle.
- Travel to and within the work area (loaded and unloaded).
- Reverse into a confined space (no wider than the width of the vehicle plus 900mm).
- Position the vehicle, prepare and set the crane and load for each lift.
- Lift 3 loads and place onto the vehicle bed (100mm of given position).
- Secure all loads in preparation for travel. Remove and place 3 loads at different locations.
The CPCS A36 HIAB Lorry Loader course consists of two key parts, practical and theory. You’ll spend at a day learning the related theory, a day practicing the practical elements followed by a final day of assessment (for both theory and practical).
Currently, we have none of these courses Scheduled at the moment. However, we collect interest on a daily basis so please call the office (020 8596 5121) a leave us your details. Once we have enough interest, we'll give you a call and let you know when the course will be running.