The CPCS A31 Ride on Roller course is a 3-day programme designed to provide novice and intermediate operators with sufficient ride on roller training which will enable them to competently and safely carry out the role as a ride on roller operator and pass the CPCS theory and practical assessments. For experienced operators, we also offer a 2-day course which excludes practical training.
Course ID: CPCSA34r6r
Duration: 3.00 days
What you'll learn on the course
At the end of your CPCS A31 Ride on Roller Course you will be able to:
- Manoeuvre in confined spaces with and without loads. Travel over rough terrain and inclines.
- Configure and set for compaction duties. Explain actions required for hazards.
- Compact loose granular materials to specification. Compact in straight lines and around radii.
- Compact supported and unsupported edges. Explain the principles and techniques of good compaction.
- Pass through a restriction (500mm tolerance) in forward and reverse.
- Prepare an exclusion zone and setup roller for the relevant work.
- Compact the straight runs. Several objects must be placed on one of the runs
- Park the ride-on-roller and carry out shut-down and securing procedures
The CPCS A31 Ride on Roller course consists of two key parts, practical and theory. You’ll spend at a day learning the related theory, a day practicing the practical elements followed by a final day of assessment (for both theory and practical).
Currently, we have none of these courses Scheduled at the moment. However, we collect interest on a daily basis so please call the office (020 8596 5121) a leave us your details. Once we have enough interest, we'll give you a call and let you know when the course will be running.