360 Excavator Training Course – Construction Training’s CPCS A58/A59 360 Excavator training course (5 day foundation) is designed to provide novice and intermediate operators with sufficient 360 excavator training which will enable them to competently and safely carry out the role of an excavator operator and pass the CPCS theory/practical assessments.
Duration: 5 Days
Please note that we run this course as 1 candidate to 1 machine for all practical training to ensure that candidates receive sufficient practical training time.
Candidates must have a valid health, safety and environment test for operatives (OPS) within the past 2 years (also referred to as the CSCS touch screen test). We can accommodate this at our centre for a fee of £50 (inc vat).
What You Learn on your CPCS A59 Excavator 360 Above & Below 10T Course:
- Operate the excavator 360° tracked safely and productively
- Fit and operate ancillary equipment
- Site the machine safely and efficiently
- Carry out minor adjustments and routine servicing procedures
- Understand the capabilities, purposes and limitations of each machine
- Follow all necessary safety precautions
- Interpret the information provided by level pegs and profiles
- Be aware of the necessary routine adjustments and service procedures, and carry them out
- Work to levels with the aid of laser equipment.
How to Pass your CPCS A59 Excavator 360 Above & Below 10T Course:
Learning through a mix of classroom-based teaching and practical exercises followed by a 1 day assessment.
- CITB health, safety and environment test passed no more than two years before the course start date
- Good understanding of spoken and written English
- Can undertake pre-start, running checks and shut down procedures according to manufacturers’ handbook/manual
- Configure and set for excavating duties to include line and level procedures
- Place material into transporting vehicles or hoppers from an elevation
- Grade, spread and level different types of terrain back to original contours
- You will need to revise the theory questions before the course as there will only be a short time for this on the course.
On passing the CPCS technical tests completion, you will earn:
- CPCS Trained Operator Card (red card).
- CITB National Construction College certificate.