The Level 2 NVQ in Rail Engineering (Operative) is a National Qualification, accredited by EAL and provides you with the underpinning knowledge to effectively operate as an engineer on the railway. Our NVQ is delivered as a Fast Track Assessment route meaning you complete your qualification whilst working, using your everyday activities as evidence of your competence at a supervisorial level. This qualification is perfect for anyone who is currently operating as a track operative and wishes to progress their career.
Course ID: LEVEL2qbdd
Duration: 0.00 day
What you'll learn on the course
Your Level 2 in Rail Engineering (Operative) will cover a number of units that come together to build your full NVQ qualification. Example units may be:
- Prepare to undertake duties in the rail industry
- Carry out routine inspection of the Permanent Way infrastructure
- Assist in preparing resources for Permanent Way activities
- Monitor the performance and condition of Permanent Way assets
- Restore plain line track geometry to operational condition
- Implement and monitor safe working systems for Permanent Way activities as a Protection Master
- Reinstate the work site after Permanent Way engineering activities
- Undertake routine manual maintenance of the Permanent Way
As you can see, some of these are very general and multiple types of evidence can be provided to address each of them. You work with our tutor to ascertain what evidence is best suited to your circumstances.