The Level A Procedure A Course enables you to perform the role of a Level A person for a Procedure A isolation of the conductor rail.
The Level A Procedure A Course pre-requisite requirements are as follows;
- Current Sentinel Track Safety Card endorsed with PTS DCCR, ES and/or PICOP
- Level B Switching
- Level B Strapping
- Emergency First Aid for Electrical Accidents certificate
Your Railway Medical needs to be in date with a current Drug and Alcohol test. If you change Employer/Sponsor you will need to take a new Drug and Alcohol test, contacts us to book an appointment prior to attending your course or book online.
Duration: 1 Day
What You Learn on your Level A Procedure A Course:
The Level A Procedure A course consists of theory and practical elements including;
- Knowledge of legislation and industry standards appertaining to the isolation of the conductor rail
- An understanding of the roles and responsibilities of a Level 'A' Person in relation to Procedures 'A' and 'B'
- Understanding of the isolation process and of the fixed isolation equipment used as part of that process
- Knowledge of the duties of the PICOP in arranging signal protection as part of Procedure 'A'
- An understanding of how to implement the isolation procedure - Procedure 'A'
- An understanding of the process to be followed when the isolation requires to be cancelled
- An ability to complete the required documentation in relation to arranging and cancelling isolation of the conductor rail
- Knowledge of the 'Mentoring' and 'Assessment' process and the requirement for completing a 'Log Book'.
On successful completion of the Level A Procedure A, you are free to perform the duties of a Level A Procedure A for DC isolations on the Network Rail Managed Infrastructure.
How to Pass your Level A Procedure A Course:
Throughout the Level A Procedure A Course there are a series of verbal, written and practical assessments. We can provide additional learning support if required. The pass rate at the centre for the Level A Procedure A Course is 98% and if you don’t pass the first time you can attend another course free of charge!
Many people take a temporary job on the Railway but end up staying within the rail industry for the rest of their career. For the next 10 years the government has released a huge amount of money to maintain and enhance the rail network. The first phase of the High Speed 2 project has created an additional 16,000 Railway jobs.
Why Fast Line Training?
Fast Line Training Services is the right choice, we are totally driven by your success, supporting you every step of the way towards gaining your qualification. The people who choose us enjoy their learning experience, you might be an individual seeking personal progression and development or a multi-national organisation. We have the expertise, resources and flexibility to deliver a complete professional service.
We pride ourselves on our learners’ success, our metrics for success are based on the achievement of the people and companies we work with. We demonstrate this by offering all individuals and businesses a money-back guarantee. “NO PASS - NO PAY”. It has taken 10 years to develop an association of quality training providers that share our values, only the very best trainers, advisors, mentors and industry experts get the opportunity to work with us.