The Level B Switching and Strapping Course enables current Sentinel Tack Safety card holders, endorsed with PTS DCCR who hold a current Emergency First Aid for Electrical Accidents certificate to perform DC Isolation duties operating track isolation switches/hook switches and fitting short circuiting straps on the Network Rail Managed Infrastructure. The duties of a Level B (Switching and Strapping) include assisting in DC Isolations for a possession following instructions from a Level A Authorised Person.
Course ID: LEVELBhg99
Duration: 2.00 days
What you'll learn on the course
The Level B Switching and Strapping course consists of theory and practical elements including;
- Legislation and industry standards appertaining to isolation of the conductor rail
- 'Traction Power supply System' associated with DC Electrified Lines
- Types of switches that are used as part of the isolation process including 'Hook Switches' and 'Track Isolating Switches'
- The roles and responsibilities of people involved in the isolation procedure
- The isolation process and the procedures that need to be followed including authorisation, qualifications and safety
- Testing and Strapping Equipment
- Testing and Strapping Procedures
- Use an approved Live Line Tester to prove the Conductor is not energised
- Open and close switches in a safe and efficient manner in line with industry standards
- Operate switches under the instruction of a Level 'A' Person on Network Rail Infrastructure
- Knowledge of the 'Mentoring' and 'Assessment' process and the requirement for completing a 'Log Book'.
On successful completion of the Level B Switching and Strapping course, you are free to assist in the DC isolations process anywhere on the Network Rail Managed Infrastructure.
Currently, we have none of these courses Scheduled at the moment. However, we collect interest on a daily basis so please call the office (020 8596 5121) a leave us your details. Once we have enough interest, we'll give you a call and let you know when the course will be running.