The NSCD-Negative Short Circuiting Device Operator Course enables current Sentinel Tack Safety cardholders, endorsed with PTS DCCR, Level B Strapping and who hold a current Emergency First Aid for Electrical Accidents certificate, to perform DC Isolation duties operating Negative Short Circuiting Devices. The duties of a Negative Short Circuiting Device (NSCD) Operator include assisting in DC Isolations for a possession following instructions from a Level A Authorised Person.
Course ID: NSCDOPffVP
Duration: 1.00 day
What you'll learn on the course
The Negative Short Circuiting Device (NSCD) Operator Course consists of theory and practical elements including:
- The concept of Negative Short Circuiting Device (NSCD) operation
- Existing arrangements with short circuiting straps
- Future arrangement with NSCD
- Local Control Panels (LCP) Key Components
- Identification of the correct NSCD & LCP
- Operation of NSCD(s) via the LCP to the CLOSED position
- Operation of NSCD(s) via the LCP to the OPEN position
- The roles and responsibilities of people involved in the isolation procedure
- The isolation process and the procedures that need to be followed including authorisation, qualifications and safety
On successful completion of the Negative Short Circuiting Device (NSCD) Operator Course, you are free to assist in the DC isolations process anywhere on the Network Rail Managed Infrastructure.